The completion of your stay depends on the directives and authorizations of the National Institute of Public Health. We are currently following the rules issued by the government. However, it is possible that certain guidelines change and we cannot be held responsible if we have to cancel or modify your stay.
Cancellation and refund
If you have to cancel your stay during the course of your stay for reasons related to Covid 19, it will be possible to obtain a refund on the remaining portion of your stay. (See Equinox Adventure Policy.)
The refund on condition of providing a COVID 19 positive test result certificate from a medical institution.
Cancellation of stay due to Covid 19 before departure: if you have to cancel due to Covid 19, we will not refund your 20% deposit.
We cannot make refunds due to the fact that the services normally available cannot be opened during your stay. You accept that during your stay, there may be a difference between the normal service and the exceptional situation of Covid 19.
The 20% of the total amount of your stay is non-refundable, it is however possible to transfer it for the following years for your next trip with Equinox Aventure.
If during your stay you happen to need evacuation due to Covid 19. We are committed to being able to transfer you to a hospital in the SLSJ region and only within this limit. We are not responsible for evacuations outside the region. You have to check with your personal insurance.
Equinox Aventure health standards
Here is the information concerning the rules of Public Health that we must respect to welcome you safely.
- Disinfection of hands on arrival for staff and customers. Hand sanitizer is available on place.
- We will reduce customer contacts to a minimum in the process of operating a self-guided package. Initial meetings can be made by telephone or videoconference.
- Disinfection of equipment between each client with a 70% alcohol surface cleaner.
- We do a rotation with the equipment, it is placed in isolation for 24 hours before being used again.
- We will encourage you to use your own equipment when possible.
- If you have symptoms (fever, cough, breathing difficulties, loss of smell and taste, gastroenteritis) notify us, isolate yourself and call 418-668-7381 and the public health number: 1 877 644- 4545
- Posters and reminders displayed for the mandatory hand washing and reminders for the 2 meter.
- We will provide protective equipment for employees who cannot respect 2 meters and therefore you have to bring your own personal protective mask.
- Inform that the rules of social distancing must be respected on the cycle route.
- When customers arrive, we will ask you the following questions:
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days ?
- Have you been instructed to remain in isolation at home in the past few weeks ?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed case or a person with COVID-19 ?
- Do you have flu-like symptoms (cold, sore throat, cough, fever, difficulty in breathing, etc.) ?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 recently ?
Sanitary standards of Saguenay Lac Saint Jean Hoteliers
To ensure a safe stay, all of our hotel partners will follow the cleaning procedures recommended by the National Institutes of Public Health of Quebec.