Practical Information and Responsibilities
We strongly recommend participants to take out travel insurance to cover the risks associated with travel. Équinox Aventure will not be held responsible for elements covered by travel insurance, such as medical and hospitalization expenses, medical repatriation, loss of luggage, civil liability, trip cancellation, etc.
Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agent (CFCTA)
We are regulated by the Office de la protection du consommateur. Consequently, our clients have access to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agent (CFCTA). For 2024, the contribution fee displayed on your invoice is 0.10%; however, this fee is symbolic and not collected, as the total amount has reached the cap of 125 million dollars. CFCTA ensures financial protection for clients in the event of a travel agency's failure.
For more information, please visit the following page: CFCTA
All prices mentioned are in Canadian dollars before the application of taxes (GST 5% and QST 9.975% of the displayed price).
- Équinox Aventure acts as a service operator for equipment rental and the transportation of people or luggage. We do not own the cycling and snowmobiling networks in the region or the accommodations. Regarding the condition of the cycling and snowmobiling trails and the signage on them, the role of Équinox Aventure is limited to route planning. We do not guarantee the services received in accommodations during your stay. Therefore, Équinox Aventure declines any responsibility for the non-performance, by service providers, of certain described obligations, except for faults or non-performance directly resulting from the acts or omissions of the immediate employees of Équinox Aventure or a fault with the rented equipment from our company.
- If you encounter a problem during your stay, contact us, and we will do our best to resolve matters within our responsibility and provide assistance.
- Équinox Aventure will not be held responsible towards the client for any claims, damages, and/or expenses resulting from bodily injuries, accidents, death, damages, or losses of personal belongings, adverse weather conditions, strikes, or any other unforeseeable cause during the stay or resulting from an action for which the client understood the risks and still acted knowingly. A waiver describing the risks that travelers may encounter in the region is systematically provided and signed by the client before departure on a trip.
- Any client with a complaint can contact us so that we can best rectify the situation if it falls within our responsibility. If no solution is applicable and you believe the fault is with our service, please send your complaint by mail to the Équinox Aventure address within fifteen business days of your return from the trip.
- Équinox Aventure is not responsible for weather conditions, store opening hours, changes in the schedules of these stores, or any other element over which our team does not have direct control during the client's stay. We strive to update and inform as comprehensively as possible within our capabilities.